Monday, February 9, 2009

Wish to Kiss the Sky!

I am the man who is thirsty of kissing the sky.
Help me please.
At least in the year 2009, let me kiss the sky.
Please don’t ask me why.
Some wishes why and how they generate nobody knows.
If you know please tell me.
From childhood I had this wish, the wish to kiss the
sky.
I felt it keeps my pride very high, just equal to sky.
Several times, I stretched my hands to touch the sky.
I didn’t succeed, so went to the terrace of a 10 storied building and tried again.
No…I didn’t get success. What a disappointment!!
What we desire, we never get…oops.
Wright brothers understood real pain in my disappointment.
They worked hard and developed a toy, which we call now an airplane.
I felt very happy while boarding on to it.

Yeah…I am going to kiss the sky.
But alas…when I looked out from my side window, I saw clouds well below my plane.
Many times I thought clouds were the sky, so touching clouds keeps my pride so high.
But I was in the plane which was well above the clouds.

So sky does not mean could, it is above the clouds.
I looked up from the window; everything appeared bluish black, just like the one I saw from my lawn.
I felt desperate. I wish to kiss the sky. Huh…Huh!
My next seat person was Wernher Von Braun. He observed how my eyes glued to the window studying the sky and how I said Huh…Huh several times.
He asked me the reason. While controlling tears, I told him my wish…a wish to kiss the sky.
He didn’t laugh like my friends. He nodded his head with deep understanding of my wish.
Later he invented a Rocket and presented it to me. He told me “My friend…Go and fulfill your wish.” His team mates and many others joined together and constructed a spacecraft.
They said unanimously “Friend…Go and fulfill your wish.”
You can’t understand how much happiness I felt.
I thought of celebrations after coming back after kissing the sky.
I sat in the spacecraft which was launched successfully.
My spacecraft reached thousands of kilometers away from the earth.
Strange…first of all my spacecraft reached another globe like earth.
No…finding another globe was not my wish.
I wish to kiss the sky.
Moved further, my spacecraft was roaming like a weapon in the hands of mad dog.
I found several globes but didn’t succeed to touch the sky to kiss it.
After fuel was over, my spacecraft threw me to my lawn again.
Every one congratulated me for roaming around the earth and touching all the planets.
They made big celebrations.
But I was with uncontrollable tears.
Every one thought those tears were due to successful space journey.
But I only know that I faced utter failure. I lost interest in everything.
Some people thought I became mad.
Ordinary people never understand the scientist’s mind.
No I can’t leave it. I have to develop something else.
That something else should help me to kiss the sky and keep my pride so high.
Don’t ask me its name now. You are going to know it very soon.
Millions of people realized pain in my heart.
They determined to help me in fulfilling my wish of kissing the sky.
They formed groups, forgot their personal lives, working on this mission day and night.
Very soon they will present me something else which helps me in kissing the sky.
Let that invention of something else takes place in 2009.
I pray for it. You too pray for it please.

I heard somebody murmuring “What we wish we never get and what we get never satisfies us.”
I say “if there is a guarantee of fulfillment, it is not a wish. Mystery creates curiosity and becomes a wish. It is there from the days of Adam and Eve and solution to every mystery became a history.”

Happy Happy New Year to You All Dear Students.
May all your dreams come true in this year 2009.















Pushpa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

as new year has passed away that is jan 1 i wish u advance or belated birthday wishes as i dont know the exact date.
raghu chandra(ece 3yr)

Pushpa said...

Thank you dear Raghu. I expect articles from you too.

KAUNDINYA said...

thank u

vamshi said...

The article is inspiring one and it is good madam...